Kamloops Local Youth In Care Network
To develop and strengthen community and supports for youth in and from care in the Thompson Nicola district. Our mission is to bring awareness to youth voices and build a platform to be heard.
Local Youth Facilitators: Local Facilitators are young people between 14 and 24 years of age who guide the planning for all of the events happening in the area with the assistance of adult supports. Our local leaders are involved in, planning events, making posters, learning how to budget our expenses, shopping for supplies and getting the word out.
- The Federation of the BC Youth in Care Network’s next Youth Retreat is happening October 25-27 at Zajac Ranch! If you are a youth in care between the ages of 14-24 and are interested in attending please get in contact with Krista & Renata. This is a great opportunity to connect with other youth in and from care across BC and engage in fun outdoor activities, leadership activities, life skill training and a chance to have their voices heard on issues relevant to youth in care! Please note as per the FBCYICN policy these retreats are strictly a no drug and alcohol event.
- Want to be a local leader? Our Kamloops Local is looking for young people who are interested in helping grow our local. Send us an e-mail or call/text us to find out more.
- July 15, 2019 - Summer Splash Celebration at Shuswap Lake Provincial Park
- August 26, 2019 - Atlantis Waterslides in Vernon
- September 9, 2019 - Wii Wars
- September 30, 2019 - Kamloops Local Planning Meeting - Come help us plan our October, November and December events!
- October 2019 - Halloween Extravaganza
- October 25 - 27, 2019 - Youth Retreat at Zajac Ranch
- November 2019 - What do you want to do?
- December 2019 - Holiday Celebration
Stay tuned for more information.
"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has."